At Watson and Company we take your privacy seriously. It’s important we’re clear about what data we collect and how we process it – you’ll find this information on this page. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on email@example.com
We are Watson & Company (Bristol) Ltd, Dyrham Lodge, 16 Clifton Park, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3BY. Our company number is 08945184.
1. We will collect and store your personal and financial information which will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, extended, re- enacted or consolidated from time to time (including without limitation the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EC) (data protection legislation). We will use your information to ensure proper performance of our agreement with you and to comply with our legal obligations when providing the services as further described below.
2. We will use your name, address, email address, contact number, date of birth, national insurance number and financial information (‘personal information’) to provide our services to you and verify your identity and this may require us to pass your personal information to our group companies, electronic verification providers, product providers or other financial firms such as lenders, banks, insurers, fund managers and platform providers. Should you decide not to proceed with our services, we will delete your personal information.
3. We will pass your personal information to Tenet* as they are responsible for the services we provide to you (or their professional advisers) for compliance and monitoring purposes as detailed in this Important Information about our Services document. Further detail regarding how Tenet will use your data can be found on its website at www.tenetgroup.co.uk or by contacting Tenet on 01132390011.
4. We may be required to pass on your personal information to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) to help with an investigation or complaint or other authorities as required by law.
5. We may need to collect sensitive personal data including information about your health, ethnic origin, or criminal prosecutions from third parties such as employers and credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other similar organisations in order to provide you with the services, for example where you require advice on protection or annuity products.
We will obtain your consent before proceeding. You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your sensitive personal data at any time by contacting us.
6. We may contact you about other services we offer from time to time, by post, email or phone, where we have identified that these services will be of use to you. To opt-out of receiving such information you can click on the unsubscribe button contained in any communication received or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 332 0140 providing us with your name and contact details. We process this data where this is our legitimate interest to do so in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
7. We collect and process anonymous data about your activity on our website through our partner, Google. We process this data where this is our legitimate interest to do so in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For further information on how your personal information is used, including your rights to access the personal information, and who to contact if you have any queries please contact 0117 332 0140 or email@example.com
*Tenet means Tenet Group Limited, Tenet Limited, TenetConnect Limited, TenetConnect Services Limited, TenetLime Limited, its associated companies and its network of appointed representatives.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Analytics – to allow us to understand how our website is used or how users have found us.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see the ICO website. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Specific cookies we use
Below are the cookies we use, and what they are for:
||Google Analytics||Web Analytics|